Friday 30 April 2010

Japan part3

Today, in my last part I'll show you some other (less controversial) “best” things in Japan.

Now you should probably know some of the most unusual Japanese festivals, but have you ever wonder what do they watch in TV? Obviously not “m jak milosc”.
They have something better, something that could destroy entire TVP, TVN and even POLSAT.
This thing is Japanese TV (Japanese Game Show).

HUMAN TETRIS


There was an American version of the show (Hole in the Wall) – I bealive I watched it on TV4 but was it better than Japanese version?



Ok, but this one was (or maybe is) broadcasted in Poland so it's probably not strange at all.
Maybe one of these?

This basically just leaves me speechless.






Well, I'm not sure what this one is about


Japanese gameshows aren't famous only in Japan or on Youtube, in fact they are also famous in USA.. so they made they own "Japanese game show"



For more examples of unusual Japanese game shows visit http://listverse.com/2008/04/25/15-incredible-japanese-show-videos/

Questions:
What's your favorite show?
Would you like to participate in one of them? if yes which one?
Have you ever wondered what they watch on TV?

8 comments:

  1. I must admit that when I was watching videos on YouTube at many moments I explode with laughter. In comparison with Polish entertainment programs I see a huge difference, obviously in a favor of the Japan. In Poland, manufacturers want mainly to earn on us a fortune by using popular SMSes, in Japan they also somehow amuse viewers. Sometimes out of boredom I watch shows like "Dancing with the Stars" but I have never experienced even a dose of laughter or joy that could be compared to Human Tetris! More and more of our programs make me rather cry than laugh. Since this article appeared on YouTube and searched in the links above for other shows. I played them as well. In my opinion the best are Human Tetris Jetpack Flying, Rope Swing and Athletic Allstar Game. If I had opportunity, I'd take part in every one of those I watched. It is a pity that there is no such game show with us in Poland...

    http://i.imgur.com/NAGXt.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every show you presented made me laugh a lot. Human Tetris was definitely the funniest one and if I had to choose one in which I could participate it would definitely be this one. I don't watch TV, but if Polish TV had this kind of shows I would for sure find some time for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japanese people seem to have a taste for that sort of weird and funny stuff. You have to admit that their game show ideas are pretty original (like human tetris which I liked mostly). Its kind of refreshing after seeing the same ideas being thrown at us over and over again in Polish TV. Specially since most of the shows that are being shown on Polish TV are copied from other countries. Out of all those weird competitions I think I would do quite well in one called "Chicken Butts" ;). I wouldn't be surprised if we will see the Polish edition of Human Tetris in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen Japanese TV shows earlier and I must admit, they are sick. Once I saw one in which the competitors had to jump into a bath full of very hot water, sit on a switch on the bottom. This switch activated a bouncy saddle on which a pretty girl sat. The points were given for every move of her breasts. Interesting what would be the effect if such a show would be presented in polish TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly Japanese tv shows are completely different than europeans shows. This type of programms are not for me. I don't like such type of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those TV shows are for sure something positive in Japan. They make you want to laugh and this is something I require from a game show. It’s great when you want to sit in front of your TV and watch something not demanding, just to relax and have fun. It’s getting even better when participants have the right goal to achieve, something that makes the competition grows, something like a naked Japanese girl who needs to be uncovered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that their shows are strange. For me if director has no idea for a TV show, then he makes something similar to that above. I think they're very daft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this subject with us. What concerns me the most is the guest's "physical" involvment in those type of shows. Often there is some kind of punishment, giving pain to the poeple sitting there. I wonder will it gonna end in some very cruel model someday. Poeple watching those show are feel somehow realeased,aroused, I can't find the good word, by the pain of others. This is scary, maybe even more than the rise of the robots.

    ReplyDelete